August 4, 2008

NOMS Day! Butterflies and Brownie!






From The Cat Realm: "We declare
August 5th to be NOMS Day, a new international public holiday!
Details at our blog; we hope you will celebrate with us! Today we are celebrating Noms Day, a holiday to remember that all beings are equal, to remind ourselves to be tolerant towards everybody, to reach out across species, cultures, nationalities, religions, languages, beliefs and appearances and to come together and embrace our differences We have a few NOMS friends"



We here at Friends FurEver have a lot of NOMS friends, but we've chosen to highlight two. The first NOMS friends we have would be these little CATerpillars. They were right outside our kitchen window. We needed Meowmy and Daddy's help to see them.


See how they live on the flowers of the plant sharing the tasty green leaves! CATerpillars feed in small groups when young but become solitary when older

Here's a picture of the flowers on the plant that they live on. The CATerpillers make cocoons on these plants under the leaves and in all kinds of hidey places so the birds don't get them.
Meowmy isn't fast enough with her camera, but here is what the pretty butterflys look like when they hatch. We enjoy watching them from our perch in the window.


Next we have our pal Brownie! Brownie was one of the very first posters on our Blog! We enjoy reading his blog and consider him a cool NOMS pal!Here's a picture of Brownie's entry in Do the Q! We think he's a pretty handsome HamMan!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!! We're off to see other kitties NOMS friends!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey,

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO much for signing my link list.
I sincerly thank you for adding your link.

I was wondering if you could add my link somewhere on your website, either in a post or a direct link.
I have yours on my webpage so think of it like a favor exchange.
Please, I just want to get the word out about my website and all the help possible would be much appreciated.
(if you do add my link, email me at two1frets@gmail.com)


Thanks,
Host Your Link Here
Host Your Link Here No Catches!

Daisy said...

Brownie is a very cool NOMS friend! And I also have a soft spot in my heart for caterpillars and butterflies.

Artsy Catsy said...

Happy NOMS Day, FurKids ... and thank you so much for your purrs for my Grandpa Bob.

Purrs,
Rocky
& everybody at Artsy Catsy

Samantha & Mom said...

Wow! You have cool NOMS friends! The Catapillars are cool and we love Brownie, too! He is a cool hamster and very brave to hang around all of us cats! Have a fun day!
Your FL furiends,

The Cat Realm said...

Happy Noms Day, Sniffie, Tamir, Ellie, and Allie!
We are very happy to have you as a friend, even if you are of the same species, hohohohohoho!
Mrs. OZ and Tintin, and Karl from his safari of course also.
You have some very wonderful nomss friends!

Designing Hilary said...

Hi ... this is Nino's "mom" ... I had to leave him back at my blog 'cuz he thinks every 4-footed furry creature is lunchmeat.

Now the CATepillars on the other hand, they scare him! There was a huge black furry one (beautiful creature!) crawling up the fence and Nino was perplexed. He gave me a look as to say: "What IS that??"

Happy NOMS day to y'all!

Designing Hilary said...

Oh, and a PS: I'll drop my card tomorrow ... I've hit my 300 for the day.

Unknown said...

Hey,

I would be absolutely delighted to have a picture link on your website, don't worry though, it won't be too big :)

Here's the link to the picture:
http://i37.tinypic.com/10xf1wh_th.jpg

After you add the picture, you need to make it into a link.

Here's the link you need:
http://hostyourlink.blogspot.com/

Thank you so much. If you have any questions, email me with the email posted on my profile or just comment on my posts.

Host Your Link Here

Mickey's Musings said...

Hi Sniffie, Ellie, Allie, & Tamir.
It's nice to meet you ! I saw your comment at Brownie's blog and I am happy you have him as your NOMS friend !! He is a little cutie:)
You guys are pretty cute too!!!!
Purrs Mickey

Stellaluna said...

Hahahaha love the comments you send me and everything you do! THANK YOU!

-Brownie and Stellaluna




:)

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Happy NOMS Day! You have some very cute friends.

Lux said...

Those are some unique NOMS friends you've got! Brownie is very sweet!

Unknown said...

aww, he's a cutie!!!!

no one said...

Those look like pipevine swallowtail caterpillars. They use pipevine as a host plant, which is what those first 2 pictures look like. That next picture is a passion vine flower, which they don't use, but some fritillaries do. Most butterfly species lay eggs singly, pipevine ST however do lay their eggs in groups. You are lucky! I've been growing pipevine for years and have yet to have any lay eggs, although I see plenty of adults around. That first adult butterfly picture is definitely a pipevine st too, but the one below that looks more like a black swallowtail. I've got a butterfly gardening web site and blog if you are interested in learning more.