guess what? Bacon asked me if I would like to be the co- host for SHOPPING AROUND THE WORLD for march.
I said YES!You probably know the game, but I will share the instructions…
Shop for groceries, share the prices with blogville and create a meal with sharing the recipe in a post … not difficult huh? After finishing your post, you can link to me and to Bacon, so we know that you are “in”…
I thought this month we can make a
Something what maybe is tradition in your family for special occasions … or something a granny or a momma made for you to cheer you up after a hard day, or something what was common in your furmily for birthdays or special events…
Our recipe is for Low Carb Peanut Butter Pie
|Not Mom's photo!|
.Low Carb Peanut Butter Pie Crust:
- 1 c. natural peanut butter, (I use creamy for the pie crust)
- 3/4 c. sugar free sweetener (can sub in regular sugar, honey, maple syrup, but it won’t be low carb.)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c. almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix the peanut butter, sweetener, egg & vanilla. Add almond flour, salt and baking soda and stir until thoroughly mixed.Press half the dough into a greased pie plate.
For the Filling:
- 3/4 c. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 c. sweetner, powdered (you can sub in powdered sugar or other powdered sugar substitutes)
- 1 c. creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c. whipping cream, whipped and sweetened
- 1/2 c. sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil, for drizzling
Once crust is thoroughly cooled, mix the cream cheese and powdered sweetener well until thoroughly blended. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, salt, & whipped whipping cream. Mix until well blended and same consistency. Pour into cooled crust and freeze for at least 2 hours.
We decided to do some of the items we never have listed before. We didn't include the sweetener because everyone likes different varieties.
Natural Peanut Butter $4,69/lb
Vanilla - $4.98/ ounce
Almond Flour - $9.98/lb
Coconut Oil - $7.58/ 12 ounces
Today Raz is answering the Fill-Ins!