December 19, 2019

Poetic Thankful Thursday

Today is Poetic Thursday hosted by our pals Teddy and Angel Sammy at Two Spoiled Cats


Today's photo prompt is

Holiday shopping

I think I am done with all my shopping.
My shoulders ache and knees are popping.
Next year I'll get an earlier start.
That really would be smart.
Of course, I say that every year.
I usually start when the time grows near.
It would be great to avoid all the stress.
Maybe the house wouldn't be a mess.
I've got to get these under the tree.
Then it's time just for me.
I'd really like a nice hot cocoa.
This shopping often drives me loco!



Today is also Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!


We are thankful our LAZY  super busy Mom got up early and won this cool badge for us for being one of the first Commenters on the Tuesday Teaser at Two Spoiled Cats


10 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

that's what we say every year too... we will go on moanday or tuesday... LOL

My Mind's Eye said...

MOL MOL MOL your first two lines were very funny and the poem so very true.

Hugs
Cecilia

Pam and Teddy said...

Precisely! I bet that guy in the photo is thinking EXACTLY this! Great poem and thanks for being part of our Thursday fun every week.

Love, Pam and Teddy too

Catscue Cat Mom said...

Great poem! Good idea making hot chocolate a post-shopping tradition, I need to add that on to our list of fun things to do after crazy holiday last minute shopping!

Katie Isabella said...

I LOVE this totally!!

pilch92 said...

Great poem. Congrats on being a first commenter!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was the purrfect poem! Y'all are rocking the Teddy wins lately...or early! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

All those bags would surely make our Mom's arms and shoulders ache. She is very happy that she and Dad now give green paper gifts instead of all that shopping. But we think it must be fun to guess what is in all those bags - hopefully some treats for us.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

The Island Cats said...

Great poem. Shopping this time of year drives the mom loco too.

Kitties Blue said...

Mom Sharon owns the First Commentor badge. Good for her! Your pet describes exactly how our mom feels every Christmas. Mau sends Allie oodles of smooches and all his love. Sawyer sends Noelle his 💝 and whisker kisses. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer