This month is One Dish Meals
Sponsored by the Tybee and Shoko at Canadian Cats
And Phenny and Nellie at Easy Blog
We figure anything cooked in the crockpot qualifies for this theme. Since Mom tries not to eat carbs, this soup is hearty and satisfying!
Wait....that's not the soup....that's Angel Allie in the crockpot!
Here is our recipe!!
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 medium tomato, diced (or a 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Heat the slow cooker on low setting.
- To the slow cooker, add the beef stock, tomato, pickles, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef, onions, and garlic until the ground beef is browned and cooked all the way through. Drain the excess grease and add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 6 hours.
- Mix in cheddar cheese and heavy cream and and cook 1 additional hour.
- Add bacon just before serving.
- Heat a large dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat. Add the ground beef, onions, and garlic, and cook until the ground beef is browned and cooked through.
- Add the beef stock, tomato, pickles, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese and heavy cream, reduce the heat to low, cover and stirring occasionally, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add bacon just before serving.
that is such a super idea and pawfect to surprise your guests with something they will LOVE! (if we ever are allowed to have guests)
That sounds delicious but minus the bacon for me.
Raz - as you would say - this recipe is YUMMMMAROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you I have cut and pasted the recipe. We are soup lovers here
We just made a pot of Cheeseburger Chowder. It was delicious. Yours is too, because I always eat some of what people post.
Have a fabulous day. ♥
Oh my, super yum, we can almost smell it cooking!
Wow, that sounds amazing!
My momma is writing down this recipe, cuz she is avoiding them Demon Carbs, too. Her favorite recipe for breakfast is to sautee mushrooms with cherry tomatoes, add handfuls of fresh spinach...let simmer, crack an egg over it and let that simmer. It's very delicious, and I don't even like spinach. Purrs, Dori
That sounds good except maybe the pickles. :) Thanks for the recipe. XO
This sounds so good Dad is going to try it and has saved the recipe. Thanks
Oh Yum! I wish I could make this (my son is allergic to tomatoes) I think I will make it anyway and share it with my neighbor Mary! You guys ROCK! Barb
Thanks for the nice words about Spitty. He has been visiting ALL his lady cat furrends who are OTB. He does so love the ladies! Kisses Nellie
super yummy but I'd rather snorgle that yummy kitty! xoxo
Mom is drooling here = she loves soup too. Bet this one is delish!!!
Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber
Mom says that she thinks this must have a million calories, but she thinks it would be great for a cold, winter day. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, angel Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer & Kizmet with whisker kisses and paw-pats to Noelle from Sawyer
OH what a delicious recipe! Seriously. Mom likes it.
Oh yum! That sure sounds delicious!
Post a Comment