October 4, 2026

St Francis Day Sunday Selfies

Graphic by Barb from Cats-astropic Events

We're doing something different today, our Selfies are of Angels Ellie, Allie and Raz at the Blessing of the pets in 2014.  We hope you enjoy seeing them!




 We're pawticipating in The Cat on My Head's Sunday Selfies today.



17 comments:

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

That is a sweet memory.

Erin the Cat Princess said...

How lovely to see past friends in such sweet memories. May the blessings have brought them great future lives.
Happy and well St. Francis Day
ERin

Pam and Teddy said...

Thanks for sharing that video - we remember this distinctly - it's a favorite memory of our sweet friends.

Hugs, Teddy and Mom Pam

Lynn and Precious said...

I did enjoy seeing the video. It's been years since I've been to an animal blessing but I remember them when I was in Catholic grade school.

Kitties Blue said...

We never tire of seeing your angels. Thanks for hopping with us! Angel Sawyer sends Noelle his forever love. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid & Sawyer, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Kizmet, Audrey, Raleigh, Gibbs & Tali

My Mind's Eye said...

Sharon I always enjoy the Blessings of St. Francis' post.
Hugs cecilia

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guyz….how total lee cool ewe getted ta go be blezzed πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š‼️ me N de gurl all wayz N joy yir St Francis day poztz…mine iz late thiz yeer….😸🐾 thanx mew two R heer roe “ frank “ πŸ˜ΈπŸΎπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š

Katie Isabella said...

I wish Mom had taken me to the Blessing of St. Francis before it was somehow taken away.

Gidget Blue Sky said...

that izza berry cool!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Yes, beautiful memories! We used to have a Priest that came to our house for the blessing.

The Island Cats said...

What a special memory of your angels!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Chaplin: "We've never been to it, but Dennis has told us about the Blessing of the Animals that he used to go to with Tucker and Trixie and how Tucker burst into flames when the holy water touched him, although we're not sure if that part is true ..."
Charlee: "We also heard that our legendary sister Trouble got vicarious blessings at home, and of course a blessing you can get without leaving the house is the best kind of blessing there is!"

pilch92 said...

I remember your bringing them to be blessed. I wish our church still did this. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Such a special event!

meowmeowmans said...

We remember when you did this with your angels. So special.

messymimi said...

It’s totally out of season, but our church does a blessing during the dog parade at Mardi Gras time, since the parade goes right past our front steps.

I love when churches take the time to remember all of God’s creatures deserve love and care.

M Dawson said...

May St. Francis bring you and us all great joy.