September 7, 2021

The Adventures of Periwinkle and Stinky

 

Pacing back and forth in front of the Teleportation Tunnel, Periwinkle kept looking at her phone to see how much longer it would be before Stinky arrived.  She couldn't wait for him to get to her house.  Not just because she loved him and enjoyed every minute they spent together but because she had something very special to tell him.


With a WOOOSH, Stinky arrived and tumbled into Periwinkle's arms.  They shared whisker kisses and paw pats and caught up on what they both did during the past week.  Finally Stinky asked what the plan was for the day.  "We're staying here today" she replied.  He looked kind of down but, as always, time spent with Periwinkle was always wonderful.  "We're going to hang out with Reese's Pieces today" she said.  Stinky's eyes got as big as saucers and he said "PERIWINKLE....we're cats.  We can't have CHOCOLATE."  Periwinkle giggled and lead him to the hallway where her brofur Raz was checking out the doorway.


Stinky was still confused.  He had no idea why Periwinkle wanted to go into that bathroom since her litterbox was nowhere near there.  Periwinkle opened the door and Stinky gasped!  "OMC, who is THAT?"  


With a chuckle, Periwinkle explained that THAT was BumbleBe's Reese's Pieces also known as Reesie!
"She sure looks a lot like your sisfur Angel Allie" said Stinky.  Periwinkle said that Reesie was a chocolate lynx point Birman.  Angel Allie was a Lilac Point.

"It's very nice to meet you Reesie" said Stinky.  "Tell me about yourself,"

Reesie was a bit shy at first but the two tabbies seemed friendly and not at all scary so she started to tell her story.

"I was born in a place called Arkansas.  I had a wonderful family and was a happy girl.  I was loved and had everything a kitty could want.  I had two litters of kittens.  Here's a photo I brought from my home of me and one of my litters.


I was a good Mommy but my kittens got sick and, even though the nice lady who took care of us did everything she could, only one survived. I had to have emergency surgery and won't be having any more kittens.  Responsible breeders know it's not good to keep too many cats and so my photo was posted on Facebook so I could find a new home.

Periwinkle, your Mom saw this photo and knew she had to have me come live with you and your family.  Your Mom immediately called and plans were made for me to come to Florida.

After I was healed from my surgery, this nice man named Moses came to my house to bring me to Florida.  I spent the night at his house and then we got into an airplane to fly to my new home."


"Wow, I'm impurressed...you flew in an airplane?" asked Stinky.  Reesie told him she was in the cabin with Moses and that she was a very good girl for the whole trip. 


"At the airport, Moses met Mom Sharon and I went into a different PTU to make my trip to Satellite Beach."

Periwinkle said they spent some time getting things ready for Reesie during the week including the shark bed that Angel Mau gave Angel Allie


                                                   And the cool scratcher he gave her.

Reesie told them both that she really liked the shark bed.  She felt very safe in it.

She also said she liked being up high and that Mom Sharon told her that was a favorite spot of Angel Allie's too.


Periwinkle and Stinky checked out the "accommodations" and said everything looked great.

Stinky admired Reesie's magnificent tail.  He told her that he was a Manx and didn't have a tail but could appreciate how nice hers was.




Periwinkle and Stinky told Reesie they would let her rest after her big trip.  Reesie said she couldn't wait to meet Periwinkle's fursibs but she heard that Noelle wasn't too happy so they were going to take it slow.  The two told Reesie that they couldn't wait till she joined the other furkids and looked forward to many fun adventures with her.  After that, they headed outside for a snack while Reesie enjoyed her Chicken Purrcata.

As they had their snacks, Stinky said "Wow Periwinkle, I never expected anything like this.  I know your Mom was very sad after Angel Allie left and wanted another Birman.  It seems like Reesie was totally meant to come live with you."  Periwinkle agreed.


Periwinkle and Stinky spent some time with Raz and Noelle and told them they should be nice to Reesie because she was very sweet.  Both Raz and Noelle agreed.    Before Stinky had to leave, the tabbies spent some time whisker kissing, paw patting, and snuggling.

Too soon, it was time for Stinky to leave. He opened the door to Reesie's suite and, once again, said how happy he was to meet her, and then he stepped into the Teleportation Tunnel and, with a WOOSH, was gone.  Periwinkle went to find a nice sun puddle to dream of her handsome guy and start counting the days until their next adventure.






 



20 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we love that adventure... it has a wonderful happy end... and we love da shark cat cave... and we hope our comment will be send, this time...;O)

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Wow!! You both had a fun time getting to know Periwinkle's new sisfur!!

Hi Reesie! Welcome! You sure are a beauty!

Kitties Blue said...

This is exactly what I hoped our adventure would be. I was so anxious to meet Reesie. I am really delighted that Periwinkle and I got to introduce her to the world. Sending love to all the Furkids and a big hug for Mom Sharon. Also sending love and a bazillion whisker kisses to my sweet Periwinkle, Stinky 💗💓💖

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Welcome, Reesie! Thank you for making my day!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

What a pretty girl you are Reesie! Welcome to your new home.

Pam and Teddy said...

Reesie is not only a beautiful girl who's had a few "bumps" in her young life but also a very LUCKY girl to have a new and really truly FOREVER HOME with Miss Sharon, Raz and Noelle. WELCOME HOME REESIE!

Hugs, Teddy

Timmy Tomcat said...

What a really exciting time you two had and we are so glad to meet Reesie. She is really pretty and her story reminds Dad of his Pee Girl. Who had the same story of having a difficult delivery and then needing an operation. She was the sweetest most loving kitty ever and Dad will always remember her. Thanks so much for the introductions. We look forward to getting to know her and your next adventure friends

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh my, that's really such a terrific adventure and such wonderful news. Welcome home sweetie!

My Mind's Eye said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY CATS
REESIE YOU ARE 87 KINDS OF GORGEOUS AND What a wonderful wonderful story of how you found your furever home in Florida. You my precious new friend have landed in the lap of luxury and love. Raz, Noelle/Periwinkle are gonna be the best of siblings. Hugs to you all
Cecilia

Sandee said...

What a lovely story about Reesie. I'm glad mom Sharon has her now. She'll be treated like the royalty she is. Wonderful.

I so enjoy your adventures and this one made me smile.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Scritches all around and a hug to your mom. ♥

da tabbies o trout towne said...

a most HAPPEE gotcha day reesie; we iz BUZZED happee ta meet ewe♥♥♥☺☺☺

P & S; we sure iz glad ewe shared thiz add venturez with uz...how...total....lee....kewl !!!

ewe bee one gorgeouz gal reesie and yur name rox !!! we send best fishez and happee wizhez for yeerz and yeerz oh grate for ewe; we look for werd ta heerin sum oh yur storee { we iz sorree bout yur we kitten♥♥♥

~~~~but... a bout that hole chickn thing ~~~~~~~~

☺☺♥♥

Chuck Huss said...

Reesie is a beautiful kitty. I'm glad she now has a good home.

The Swiss Cats said...

Nice to meet you, Reesie, you're so pretty ! We're so glad you found such a wonderful home ! Purrs

catladymac said...

Wow ! What a great adventure ! Welcome to you Reesie ! You have come to a very loving place !

Katie Isabella said...

Oh REESIE! You are a beauty if I ever say one. How nice to meet you and I can't wait to learn more and more about you.

pilch92 said...

Welcomne Reesie!!! I am sorry you had to have babies, but glad you are safe now. XO

Marvelous Marv said...

Oh WOW! How exciting! Reesie is BEAUTIFUL! We are sure that the Angels were "helping" to get her to Noelle and Raz's home and we now know why Noelle looked a little miffed on Selfie Sunday. And you know what...I bet you guys will all be getting along before you know it! Reesie we are so furry happy to meet you!

meowmeowmans said...

What a super exciting adventure, Periwinkle and Stinky! Welcome home, Reesie. We are so glad you found your way to such an amazing and loving forever home.

The Island Cats said...

This is the best adventure ever! Reesie is adorable! And I bet all of you, including Raz and Noelle, will become great friends!

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Oh Ressie you have the most wonderful and perfect home to be your forever home. I loved seeing all your pictures and hearing your story. I know Mom Sharon was so sad when Allie had to leave and knew she wanted a new member to join the family. How happy I am that she found you and now you are getting used to your new home.

I cannot wait to get to know you better.

Oh, that picture of you in the high place when I looked at it I at first thought it was Allie.

Welcome to your new home.
Love you already.