November 3, 2022

Poetic Thankful Thursday and a Gotcha Day

Today is Poetic Thursday hosted by our pals Teddy and Angel Sammy at Two Spoiled Cats


Today's photo prompt is

Forgetfulness

There are some very important dates
Like when you married your mate
We can't believe this guy forgot
The day they tied the knot!
His apology was well-meaning
He still ended up doing the cleaning!

Today is also Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!


We are THANKFUL Mom FINALLY got herself together and won us a First Commenter badge at Teddy's Tuesday Teaser.


The biggest THANKFUL for today is we're VERY Thankful that our sweet ManCat Raz joined our family 10 years ago!!  We'll let him tell the story...


Do you know that today is a special day for me? As you might have figured out - today is my 10th Gotcha Day!!   November 3, 2012, I was lucky enough to become a Florida Furkid.   Here's the first photo my Mom took of me.....Impurressive, right?  That's another one of my brothers in the cage with me.  Don't worry, both of them got adopted at the next event. What you probably don't know is that my other brother (the one you don't see) was the one Mom came to adopt.  He pooped in his PTU and had to be cleaned up.  I took advantage and won Mom's heart.  I guess PTU pooping runs in the family!  MOL




HERE's a link to my very first post and there's a link to my Petfinder page too!  This is my Petfinder photo.....wasn't I a cutie?  I'm glad I grew into those ears!  As you can see, I was photogenic even when I was a little guy.


Here I am all grown up.   Mom says she thinks this is one of my best ManCatly photos so she used it for my Gotcha Day photo!  I hope I get extra treats today!!

15 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we like this kind of "punishment" for forgetting such mportant days... an we say happyhappy gotcha day to you!!!!!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy Gotcha Day Raz. Looks like you kept a clean machine right from the beginning!

My Mind's Eye said...

Happy Happy 10th Gotcha day Raz. You sure did spice up Angel Madi's days with your devotion and fun trips.
Sharon I love your take on the poem
Hugs Cecilia

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Happy Gotcha Day, Raz!"
Chaplin: "Gotcha Days are the best days ever!"

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Gotcha Day Raz!!! It sure is hard to believe that it has been 10 years already.

Sandee said...

Love the poem.

What a wonderful thankful.

♫♪Happy Gotcha Day to you,♪♫
♫♪Happy Gotcha Day to you,♪♫
♫♪Happy Gotcha Day Dear Raz,♪♫
♫♪Happy Gotcha Day to you!♪♫

Have a purrfect Thankful Thursday. My best to your mom. ♥

Eastside Cats said...

Happy Gotchaversary, Raz!
Vacuums are unisex, afterall.

pilch92 said...

Great poem. COngrats on being a firstie. Happy Gotcha Day sweet Raz! XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Wishing you a purrfect day, Raz!

catladymac said...

Happy Gotcha Day Raz ! You sure landed in a good place !

messymimi said...

Your poem is so funny!

Once i got a first commenter, but most of the time i'm at work or on my way there when the post goes live.

Wishing you many happy returns of your Gotcha Day!

Fur Everywhere said...

Raz, you were an adorable kitten, and you grew into quite a handsome mancat! <3 Happy Gotcha Day!

Pam and Teddy said...

Raz you were and still are a handsome dude - no wonder your Mom couldn't resist giving you your forever home! I know you're happy like SHE's happy. We also think that poem is a wonderful "slant" on the photo....cleaning the house seems like a perfectly good punishment for forgetting a special occasion! HAHA

Hugs, Teddy

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY GOTCHA DAY RAZ!!! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

What a wonderfully humorous poem!!

Happy Belated Gotcha Day Greetings to YOU, Raz!